Civil Ceremonies in Ireland
Since the commencement of Part 6 of the Civil Registration Act 2007 it is now possible to get married by Civil Ceremony in a venue that is approved by a Register.
Civil Ceremonies in Letterkenny Co Donegal
The Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny has been approved for Civil Ceremonies. The Knockalla Suite is ideal for intimate Civil Ceremonies.
Civil Ceremony Rules
- Approach the Registrar of Civil Marriages for the district in which you intend to get married in
- There is no requirement to live in the district where you want to get married
- Couples need their marriage approved by the local registrar before marriage can take place
- 3 months notice must be given to the Registrar
- No Food or Drink can be served during the ceremony
- Please note Registrars do not conduct ceromonies on Saturdays or Sundays.
Donegal Civil Registration Office
Further information can be found at: